Treaty 2 Territory – Exciting times within the Treaty 2 Territory with the launching of the first accredited virtual Master Certification in Governance and Nation Development under the Life Long Learning Lodge and the Knowledge College Accreditation process. As stated in the accreditation process, “we are born with the inherent right to receive knowledge”. This
Treaty 2 Territory – Exciting times within the Treaty 2 Territory with the launching of the first accredited virtual Master Certification in Governance and Nation Development under the Life Long Learning Lodge and the Knowledge College Accreditation process.
As stated in the accreditation process, “we are born with the inherent right to receive knowledge”. This receiving of knowledge begins in our first school, our home with our mother. Our mother has had the knowledge she passes to us passed onto her. This is our ancestral way of learning; through storytelling and observation.
The Knowledge holders are the elders of our First Nations who are responsible for carrying and transferring our inherent knowledge forward from generation to generation since the time of creation.
Colonization interrupted the holistic transfer of ancestral knowledge with the residential school system. Colonial settler standards of learning were imposed. History reveals the ugly truth of how education was used as a tool for cultural genocide (TRC).
Today (22 October 2020) the LLL Lodge in partnership with the Regional Offices through Operations at FNT2T launched the program and had full participation of our Local Nation Helpers. During the program they will be able to go through their First Written Law (Constitution).
The schedule is as follows:
- Introduction and Project Management Primer – 22 Oct 2020
- Building a Communication Plan & Workplan – 27 Oct 2020
- Treaty 2 Territory History – Train the Trainer – 29 Oct 2020
- FNT2T Governance – Train the Trainer – 3 Nov 2020
- FNT2T Declaration – 10 Nov 2020
- Seven Steps of Nation Rebuild – Train the Trainer – 17 Nov 2020
- Seven Circles and Law-Making – 19 Nov 2020
- Engaging your Local Nation and Citizens – 24 Nov 2020
- Election Law – 1 Dec 2020
- Trust, Land Trust, and Treasury – 8 Dec 2020
- Citizenship and Membership – 10 Dec 2020
- Timeline Presentations – 12 Dec 2020
- Life Long Learning Circle – 5 Jan 2021
- Children, Families and Nation Circle – 12 Jan 2021
- Care and Protection of the Natural World Circle – 19 Jan 2021
- Health and Wellbeing Circle – 26 Jan 2021
- Restorative Peacemaking Circle – 2 Feb 2021
- Internal and External Circle – 9 Feb 2021
- Traditional Land Use & Mapping – 16/18 Feb 2021
- Preparing to launch First Law Ratification – 23 Feb 2021
- Electoral Officer Training – 2-18 March 21
- Final First Law Presentations – 23 March 2021
- Project Closure – 25 March 2021
- Certification Presentation and Ceremony – 31 March 2021
- Group system at beginning of training selected, team leader’s appointment;
- Project Management Assignment will be ‘Building your First Law (Constitution)’ with a start to finish PM concept
- Team Leaders and teams assigned, working sessions for assignments
- Various Instructors/Teachers in history, governance, project management, etc.
- Assignments given after each session for Nation insight, PPT submissions
- Law Making and Constitutional development through entire course – project final is on your first written Law (Constitution)
- Each LNH goes back to their Local Nation and meet with group or committee reviewing Laws
- Each session will assign tasks on building and reviewing your Constitution chapter by chapter
- Daily will talk about all forms of Governance throughout the entire Program