Treaty 2 Territory – The IT/Communications Keeper will work collaboratively with Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan – Treaty 2 and First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) to support the governments work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure. An integral component of this effort is ensuring users have the knowledge and resources needed to utilize our
Treaty 2 Territory – The IT/Communications Keeper will work collaboratively with Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan – Treaty 2 and First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) to support the governments work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure. An integral component of this effort is ensuring users have the knowledge and resources needed to utilize our business systems effectively, and stay up to date on IT policies and communication processes.
Start Date: Term to March 31, 2021
Location: Government Office – Dauphin
Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Administer, design and implement and oversee network management and provide ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the network;
- Install, test and support of network architecture including servers, cable infrastructure, switches, routers, firewalls, and software support;
- Perform network diagnostics and troubleshooting network servers, computer stations and printers;
- Develop standards for internal training/troubleshooting techniques on network hardware and software;
- Project management as it relates to Network and IT infrastructure;
- Function as a technology resource and provide technical training and support to other staff;
- Researches, writes, prepares and distributes media‐related materials with territorial, national and international contacts;
- Post blogs and stories of councils, governmental and administrative work;
- Assist with the coordination of workshops, conferences, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity and information purposes;
- Video all Councils, meetings and sessions, and profiling our Nations, host weekly Tipi Talks;
- Video, edit and launch episodes of Tipi Talk (on treaty2.com and You Tube);
- Travel as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Post Secondary Education in Networking and Computer Technology, Computer and Information Systems Technology or comparable qualification and work experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience maintaining and administering a multi-network, multi-user environment;
- Project management experience including plan creation, estimating, scheduling and reporting;
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to express ideas, negotiate and communicate effectively; and the ability to analyze critically and suggest an appropriate means of action.
- Proven exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast‐paced work environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Self‐motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and own vehicle.
- Maintain confidentiality with a high level of accuracy regarding information.
Please Apply by Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (Cover Letter and Resume):
Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan—Treaty 2
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Email to: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted